Saturday, May 24, 2008

Green

So, my AC unit is out--again... and no repair man who comes to look can figure out why it keeps blowing fuses. Hence, our ac will only run for about 24 hrs at a time before it blows it's fuse.

And today is miserable. For the most part I feel sorry for our poor dogs cooped in this house-box while I work all these long days. But what has really started getting to me, is my envy of those who have air conditioning. It is walking out to my back door and hearing both of my neighbors units running.

Last night, as I lay with my windows cracked to relieve the stuffy-ness, I could hear the unit running next door and, for a moment, I could almost feel its frosty breeze... damnit.

3 comments:

carolinelovesyoumore said...

just imagine you're in england and it's 20 degrees cooler...and you don't need a damn air conditioner....oh...and everyone hates you for being American.

Vanessa said...

20 degrees cooler AND a cold shoulder...nice!

anna said...

icey discontent is way more refreshing than manufactured cold air.
but you needn't go all the way to england. you can come with me to my parents' place in the burbs and get a nice breeze of it, if you like...