Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 1

I was so excited to start the fast this morning, and maybe through a placebo effect, I felt not as sick as I have been feeling the past week. On top of the lemonade (and not eating), you are also suposed to do this saline laxative in the morning, and be near a bathroom for the next 1-2 hours. First, ack!! I could only get two gulps down and now 2 hours later I feel instead a little consipated. Maybe I will try the tea.

I tried to not drink the lemonade right away, instead waitng until the time I normally eat. That didn't last. Before long I was gulping it down. You see, while waiting to move brown, I thought I would watch some TV. It was about 15 min, until my previous un-hunger turned into, "ooh, townhouse cracker pretzels!" Then a little later finding myself entertaining the idea of one of those frozen childrens' meals with the penguin. Man, they advertise food A LOT on tv. So, I got online, and right there on my myspace homepage there were frozen Sonic treats. Wow, food is everywhere--and so is effective advertising.

I guess I haven't done too bad, 1:15pm and I have only drank about 10oz. But for TEN DAYS--I am gonna need more lemonade.

No comments: