Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 5 (end)

I stopped the fast today. Yesterday all I ended up consuming the whole day outside of water was a combined 8oz consisting of one 1/2 glass of lemonade (4oz) and a half glass of that green crap (4oz). And water, of course. By the end of the day I was pretty much a not-so-hot-mess. I decided that five days was not so bad... and if I wanted to try again in a month or so, I know I can do a least that much. This morning Brett woke me up with a smoothie he made (delicious-and awesome), then we went to India Palace where I had a small plate, and it was soooooo good. I think the most important thing I discovered is that I have that kind capacity and self control. Also I can control all that emotional eating.

Oh, and I lost 15 lbs. Which I will gain back soon more than likely. But for now, I will wear my skinny jeans.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so J of the weight loss (even if it is temporary) and the India Palace. All the Indian food here does a number on my stomach, even the mild. Congrats on making it as far as you wanted through your fast.

Apryl

carolinelovesyoumore said...

You fasted for five days. That shit is hard. Well done.

anna said...

seriously, congrats! i have been following this journey with great interest, because you remind me of me (not an insult, in this instance) and i got excited when you (me!) made it through! and then ate india palace.

Vanessa said...

thanks everybody!!!

april said...

man, you are a stronger woman than i am, that's for sure. congratulations!