Monday, December 22, 2008

I have to say...

... sometimes facebook/ myspace can be a rather depressing place for me. I get to see all my friends having parties, going to parties, or just hanging out, which would not be so damned depressing if I ever could go myself. I usually cannot attend because of my back-assward work schedule. I work all night at the tattoo shop, and two mornings a week I have to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 am. This means, the nights I don't have to work the next morning, I have worked 16 hrs that day. You see what I mean. I kind of feel left out, everybody else looks like they have way more fun than I do (that may not be true at all--but still).

Everybody at the tattoo shop is 30 and up, all of us have partners that work the nine to five, so we don't hang out outside of work for one reason or another... blah, now it looks like I am just whining. I don't expect to get invited to much anymore because I have to decline so often. It just sucks sometimes to feel like all you do is work, and you're just getting older. And working.

I would like to do guest spots and conventions but the shop can't spare me, also, I have a husband and dogs and house to think about, and so, I work. And feel a little stagnated. Maybe turning 30 is bothering me more than I would like to admit.

3 comments:

carolinelovesyoumore said...

i'm thinking about you. I invited you to my party. you should come. We will also get drunk on new years eve. I am excited.

diana said...

listen, missy. you only have to work at the shop on friday, and you get off before any real partying starts anyway. so if you don't come, I will never let you hear the end of it.

also, if it makes you feel any better, I work late nights and all weekend long and often miss out on fun. if you want, we can cry together.

april said...

well you should at least do the lunch thing with amy and me sometime. we gotta eat at this place before it closes like every other vegan soul food restaurant does.