Thursday, July 24, 2008

Surprise!!

For the last few nights, the dogs have been driving Brett and I nuts over their newfound obsession with the bathtub. They have been hearing something under it for nearly a week.. Last night, I finally heard it for myself--and we decided to get some of those catch and release traps, you know, for mice or rats.

When I came home from work, I was feeling kinda ballsy, and I cleared out the closet by the bathtub that has a little 'Alice in Wonderland'-type latched door (to can access the plumbing), so I could place the trap. I opened the tiny door to find-- an opossum. Looking right at me. Wiggling its pink little nose. I slammed the door and turned to Brett, "I think we are gonna need a bigger trap."


4 comments:

carolinelovesyoumore said...

I wish to the Lord above that it had little glasses. Man, that would be the best thing ever. That would renew my faith in the world...as it is, I'm going to have to find faith in the fact that there are crazy people out there that are willing to put a dead bird in their....hoo-ha? If only I could have saved it.

Anonymous said...

I am going to imagine that an opossum with glasses now brings you and Brett each a glass of water, reads you a bedtime story, and tucks you in at night. Then he goes into his little lair behind the little door to the plumbing for the tub. He sits in a small chair beside a floor lamp reading for a bit longer and then goes to sleep in his tiny bed with a plaid bedspread. The dogs act calm and like nothing is abnormal about any of this at all.

Seriously, good luck gettin' that creature out of your house!

Apryl

Vanessa said...

Thats how I imaging it, too. Until we get a trap and release it into Shelby Forest.

anna said...

can we please capture him, intergrate him into your family and name him sir sneaks-a-lot?